Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Do you like this Article?
As Femtocell technology starts to have better penetration of the worldwide wireless markets, and as smart phones with both 3G UMTS, 4G LTE and WiFi technology support become prevalent, mobile operators are driven to formulating an integrated Femto and WiFi products strategy, in order to provide dual air-interface support for smart phones at the same cell coverage location. The apparent advantages of offering integrated 3G Femto and WiFi products are:Google Profile
- Meet customer demand on low cost alternative internet access through WiFi technology
- Simplify installation/connection for the customer: only one box, one power supply, no extra cables, etc.
- Extend service continuity on 3G UMTS voice and data applications to WiFi
- Drive scale of economics of integrated Femto and WiFi devices and services
- Lower cost of installation and ease of deployments for mobile operators to have single installation process and savings of installation materials. This is especially true on enterprise network and public hotspot services.
Get More Insights from this White paper:
Subscribe via Email
This post was written by: Alex Wanda